Monday, July 23, 2012

I am a Manatee


I am a Manatee I am a gentle creature that in the water is graceful and relaxed but on land would be crushed under its on massive weight.  That is how I felt yesterday when I got out of the pool.  I went swimming, and I mean real swimming not just floating around in a wading pool, for the first time in years and it was great floating in the water was most most relaxed I have felt in a long time.  Also you work out a good deal of muscles just treading water or directing yourself around the pool.

However after two hours in the pool my body had gotten use to being supported by the water and when I went to climb out of the pool I was made painfully aware of how heavy I have gotten.  I have lost some weight in the last few weeks but not nearly enough.  My body groaned and creaked as my into structure worked to try to get use to carrying the weight normally again.  I vowed that I would keep moving forward and would now start working some exercise into my routine no matter what.  No more excuses this is me being punched in the face and realizing I am a manatee and I don't want to be one.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment